Congrats to Mary Bea Sowinski and Ethan Clapacs for advancing to Semi-State!
Also, congrats to the rest of the team for finishing their seasons with their best races of the season!
Noblesville regional results:
IHSAA Semi State CC Championship
October 20th, 2018
Shelbyville High School is pleased to host the 2017 IHSAA CC Semi State. We welcome all qualifyingcompetitors, coaches and spectators to the Blue River CC Venue at Blue River Memorial Park.
Blue River Cross Country Venue, Blue River Memorial Park, 725 Lee Blvd, Shelbyville, IN
Blue River CC Course (www.bluerivercc.com) has gentle rises, long straights, sweeping turn but it is deceivingly challenging. The course is both runner and spectator friendly. The course is conveniently located off of I-74 with ample parking, restrooms, spectator areas and a splash park/play area for kids. Please visit the website for more information including spectator, bus info and course/park maps. The course is 10m wide all around, at times, even wider; turns are sweeping turns.
The top 5 teams from each of the Ben Davis, Noblesville, Rushville and Shelbyville Regional sites plus the top 10 individuals not on qualifying teams from each will advance to the Shelbyville CC Semi State.
You may have registered with the IHSAA up to 12 eligible runners and may choose any 7 of those 12 to compete on meet day. Per IHSAA rules there is no JV/Reserve Race, time trials or practice allowed onmeet day prior to or after the race. If you change your names with the IHSAA from regional to semi state please also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the ok from the IHSAA and the names coming off and those going onto the roster by the end of the day on Monday, October 15th
**PARKING WILL NOT OPEN TO IHSAA EVENT TEAMS UNTIL 8:30am.
Spectators may begin entering at 8:45 via the designated entrances to Blue River Park only.
8:30am Bus parking opens into fairgrounds, course opens to teams, no spectators
8:45am Park opens to spectators via spectator entrances
9:00am Packet Pickup Opens
9:45am Head Coaches meeting @ Finish Line
10:00am Course closes
10:20am Girls report to start line
10:30am Girls race
11:05am Boys report to start line
11:15am Boys race
12:30pm Awards* *approximate time
Food will be available for purchase. Local catering will provide either breakfast items such as breakfast burritos or lunch items such as pulled pork. Will determine at a later date which. Trust us it is good! Plan to eat some, you won’t be disappointed!!!
IHSAA event admittance fee is $5 per person. Cash only, no passes accepted. Please remind spectators to have correct change to help move cars in faster in your communication with them.
Facilities and Miscellaneous see www.bluerivercc.com for maps, parking, additional bus info
• Print course maps to bring with you and for your spectators, none available on site.
• There is space for team camp areas to the right as you enter from the fairgrounds, along the
parking lot, or between the gulley and the gravel road to the west. No team camps on the finish
line side of the gravel road. Spaces are painted in the field.
• A shelter house is available to rent. Contact Shelbyville Park & Rec. 317.392.5128
• Splash pad area may be on during warmer weather, NO SPIKES!!
• Restrooms for spectators and athletes are available in the permanent buildings. Athletes may also
use the port-o-pots located near the start line, in team camp area or awards area.
• BRCCV is a ‘pack it in, pack it out’ park so please plan to carry your trash out with you and clean your area up or help us pick up other trash as you see it.
• NO showers available.
IMPORTANT Information to share with parents/spectators/bus drivers ahead of time!
• See the maps/instructions posted on www.bluerivercc.com for best ways into the park
• No coaches/parents/coach’s cars are to cross the grass area or be on the gravel drive to unload tents, coolers etc or to load them back up. The Parks Dept has asked this to be enforced!
• NO pets are allowed within 75 yds of the course 2 hours before to 1 hours after awards. If a pet
is brought it has to remain in the team camp area at all times and owner is responsible for all pet
mess clean up. (it will not be allowed on the east side of the gravel path at any time)
• Restrooms for spectators and athletes are available in the permanent buildings. No spikes in the buildings.
• Spectators will not be allowed in or near the finish for any reason, they must remain behind
flagging and must walk around it, not go under it when moving about. They must also take great
care whenever crossing any part of the course so as not to interfere with any competitors.
• Please do not stand on the fence!
• Spectator parking will be available around the softball diamonds, the splash pad building and the
soccer lot, shuttle rides from parking closer to the course will be provided.
• Handicap parking will be closest to the finish, those requesting to park there should show
attendants their handicap placard. These spaces are first come, first serve.
• Be aware there is a walk of about 100m from the closest parking to the start and finish areas:
some ADA gravel and some grass
• Busses will drop athletes off and park in the fairgrounds. Follow the signs for this. Spectators will
not be allowed to follow busses into the fairgrounds.
• Several restaurants are located within 2 miles. Ask us ahead if you’d like recommendations!
Alpha Timing will be providing the timing using Finish Lynx, 2 view cameras, bibs & shoe chips will be used for backup. Each competing athlete should place the chip on their RIGHT shoe, securing it with their shoelace (they do not need to place it more than 2 laces in, just double/triple knot shoes tightly, check and re-check that this is indeed secured).
Finish Lynx is the ultimate method of timing, it integrates directly with the chip system and we monitor it as each athlete crosses the finish in real time. It will be used with a front on camera and a side view camera (same as used in TF). Athletes will also have a bib assigned and must wear it fully visible on their upper torso throughout the race. It should be pinned so that is tight against the chest. Encourage your athletes to NOT reach up at the line to click off watches, this obscures their bib number from cameraviews.
We may also have an additional camera system to be used as another backup.
There will be a finish clock and possibly clocks on the course at k’s. All K’s and miles are marked by permanent signage.
Results will be available to coaches at the conclusion of the awards ceremony, one per gender. Results will be posted to www.alphatiming.net for you to view or print additional copies, they will be sent to the Indy Star and the IHSAA prior to the awards concluding.
Course Movement by coaches/spectators
We only ask that both stay off the running surface as athletes are competing. There is plenty of room in the taller weedy area behind the grass ‘curb’ for coaches/spectators. There should be some ‘cut throughs’ to allow getting to spots the furthest back. Please no standing on the finish line fencing!
Print your own from www.bluerivercc.com for your team/spectator use.
Awards (each gender) per IHSAA provided
Team: Winning team – trophy plate; Top 5 teams – ribbons up to 7 competing members
Individuals: Top 20 individuals will receive ribbons.
The stage located near the finish will be used for awards. No team camps in this area.
Contact Coach Kinghorn (email@example.com) with any questions